1. Gus
    April 22, 2014

All of the food above looks so good.

• Maria Alexandra Laborde
      June 24, 2014

it issssssss *mouth waters*

2. Marianna
    March 11, 2014

What food did you use for the food flag?

March 20, 2014

I believe there is some pork, Dominican spaghetti, salad, and beans!

3. Tom @ Waegook Tom
    January 22, 2013

Oh dear lord. The sancocho, mangu and pastelon all look absolutely heavenly. I’m a big fan of heavy, hearty dishes and they all look right up my street.

February 5, 2013

like you Tom, I love me some heavy, hearty dishes. Hurry up and get to the Caribbean already! 馃槈

What are you coming to America by the way? Isn’t it this summer?!

4. Andrew Graeme Gould
    April 13, 2012

How interesting. This is really different from what’s eaten down here. And that dessert!!! Saludos desde Santiago de Chile…

April 15, 2012

Hello Andrew! Is it really that different? I haven’t been to South America yet (odd, I know), but somehow I felt that Latin food was quite similar across the board–seems like that isn’t the case though!? Interesting! I’ll give you that tho–the beans dessert is quite rare, we don’t even have it in Puerto Rico, and we are one of the Dominican Republic’s closest neighbor! 馃槈

5. eileenludwig
    April 12, 2012

Lots of unusual food to taste and enjoy

6. Denise
    April 12, 2012

I want to try Bollitos!

April 13, 2012

OMG, they are THE best!

7. InsideJourneys
    April 12, 2012

Maria!!! You’re making my mouth water and I’m still full from dinner. It’s more than the food though, it’s mostly the memories it’s brought back from all the Dominican restaurants I’ve been to in NYC and the food I’ve eaten at friends’ homes. Great selection.

April 12, 2012

Haha, mission accomplished then! 馃槈 Glad you liked the posts and foods I selected

8. Raymond @ Man On The Lam
    April 12, 2012

Aww…I was hoping they dressed like that all the time. 馃檪

April 12, 2012

I’m sure they did back in the day 馃槈

9. Dick Jordan
    April 12, 2012

Dang! I just ate breakfast and you’ve made me hungry all over again!

10. Lisa
    April 12, 2012

Those dishes look mouthwateringly good – particularly the Pastelon and the Habichuelas con dulce!

11. Nomadic Samuel
    April 10, 2012

WoW! I’d love to try all of these but especially the Pastel贸n

April 12, 2012

Pastel贸n is SO good! Perfect balance between savory and sweet — just mouthwatering. You would love it Sam, I’m sure!

12. DestinationSavvy
    March 27, 2012

That food looks insanely delicious! Great post!

April 12, 2012

Gracias!

• susan dominguez
        September 20, 2012

hi my name is susan i just got arried to a domincan and i wam looking how to do some of the food we got married in santo domingo and when my husband comes to MASS we r going to get married here for my family and friends can be in the wedding but i would love to have some of his type of food at the wedding i do know how to make spanish food .

• Franchesca Rosario
        September 26, 2013

The perfect website for traditional Dominican foods is dominicancooking(.)com Aunt Clara gives the best foods and explains them very well, easy to understand! Try it!

September 26, 2013

thanks for the tip! 馃槈

13. Hogga
    March 27, 2012

Stop it.. you’re making me hungry lol

April 12, 2012