1. Ash Clark
    February 6, 2013

What an incredible place! Thanks for sharing!

February 8, 2013

๐Ÿ˜€ you should definitely hit it up!

2. Waegook Tom
    May 10, 2012

WOW this looks & sounds fantastic! Love the colours and the brightness in the photos. Also, your host mama’s hair is FANTASTIC. Rihanna-red, only brighter. Love it. Even the iguana.

May 14, 2012

Haha! That’s actually a hair wrap! But it looks great regardless ๐Ÿ˜‰ glad you enjoyed the post! Thanks for commenting

3. cheryl
    March 17, 2012

What an amazing trip! Glad your experiment worked out so well. ๐Ÿ™‚

March 22, 2012

you should go ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. Craig Zabransky
    March 16, 2012

Just spent a day in Curacao (off a cruise ship) beautiful and colorful island. Very welcoming too. Glad to know the experiment went so well… I often think it’s all about mindset on the road…. you definitely had the right mindset for the “no plan” adventure.
    stay adventurous, Craig

March 22, 2012

agreed!

5. Mary @ The World Is A Book
    March 16, 2012

What an awesome trip to a beautiful island! Curacao has always fascinated me and looking through your pictures just increased my excitement for our cruise port stop there later this year. I’m glad your travels without a plan worked out well.

March 16, 2012

You will love Punda! Arriving to the center of town in cruise ship must be even more magical ๐Ÿ™‚ I loved seeing the ships disappear in the horizon

6. Dick Jordan
    March 15, 2012

Nicely illustrated story of a great trip!

March 15, 2012

Thank you! Glad you liked it ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Nancie
    March 15, 2012

Wonderful photo essay. I love those white sand beaches. It seems that the plan not to have a plan worked really well for you!

March 15, 2012

Indeed! I feel that if it’s a culture I’m somewhat familiar with, the *total* travel without a plan experiment works beautifully ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Debbie Beardsley @ European Travelista
    March 15, 2012

Great experiment! I love the colored houses lined up in a row. Curacao looks beautiful.

March 15, 2012

The colorful architecture in Curacao was one of my favorite aspects of this island! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. InsideJourneys
    March 15, 2012

Sounds like a fun experiment.
    Love traveling without a plan — it always works out in the end.

March 15, 2012

indeed! ๐Ÿ˜€

10. Jackie Smith
    March 15, 2012

Love the story of your trip and the photos. We always travel without a plan (we research the area before we go though) so it isn’t a case of getting there and wasting precious time trying to figure out what to do. But there is such a rush to ‘just decide’ to go to thise or that city. And find a cute place and decide to see if there is room for the night.

March 15, 2012

Indeed, the rush was a big part ๐Ÿ˜€ Researching the place at least for safety issues is recommended, though. Then, just book everything once you arrive! If it’s not a crowded, touristy place and you are not staying in a hotel nor are traveling for a holiday, II believe this is the best way to travel

11. Mario
    March 14, 2012

Nice trip! Funny days you got!! I was to give up of my trip to Curaรงao (I intend to go there nest month). But i just found luxury hotels and beachs…its not my kind of trip.
    But according to your post, its possible to have a different experience ๐Ÿ˜‰ Good news!

March 14, 2012

Don’t give up! Simply tell your taxi driver to take you to Villa Colombia in Punda ๐Ÿ˜‰ they should know! I didn’t have their contact info because the cab driver simply took me there. Indeed, there is always a budget way to see a place and truly experience it as a local!

12. adrian
    March 14, 2012

great fotos–great story–spent 10 years wanting to go to curacao and have been going back for add’l 10 years–instant friends for life–great water, great cacti, great snorkeling, great beaches, great vibe

March 14, 2012

๐Ÿ˜€ I can’t wait to experience diving and snorkeling in Curacao. I did the latter one day in Cas Abou, but it was cloudy and I was apparently snorkeling on the wrong side of the beach, so not much action. Great excuse to return! ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for commenting

13. Island Girl
    March 14, 2012

I grew up in Curacao. I really, really miss it! Your photos are so lovely and now I want to go back! Thank you for sharing your experience!

March 14, 2012

You should go back! I’m sure it is as lovely as ever. I can’t wait to plan my diving trip!

14. Mitchell Mackinnon
    March 13, 2012

Nice photos…:) I think we should do more of this