I know I know: I’m getting ahead of myself here. The Top 10 finalists for the Biggest Baddest Bucket List contest (#myBBB) won’t be announced for another 5 days. However, you also know from my life dream post that I already had not one RTW itinerary, but 2 full blueprints planned out to the date…
So! For Travel Bucket List Wednesday this week, I decided to share all the details of one of the blueprints with you 😀 Granted, 6 months will only allow me to scratch a tiny surface of my Biggest Baddest Bucket List. For this reason, I will include the most epic (and toughest!) experiences in my itinerary if I were to win 😉 And now, with no more preambles, I present you RTW itinerary A!
My Biggest Baddest Bucket List: RTW itinerary A
Ambitious, I know! This RTW itinerary includes almost 40 countries (39 when not counting Puerto Rico) which, divided by 6 months, averages out to about 4.5 days per country. Fast-paced indeed, but this was always meant to be a sampler anyway! 😉
For lack of space, I will only be listing the Biggest Baddest Bucket List items from this RTW itinerary today. Are you ready for this?! 😀
- Climb to the spectacular monasteries of Meteora, Greece.
- Discover Eastern Europe’s unique hidden gem: Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Bathe in Pamukkale’s cotton-like pools & Cappadocia hot air balloon, Turkey.
- Witness Great Migration at Masai Mara & Serengeti, Kenya/Tanzania.
- Ancient kingdoms and African Christianity pilgrimage around Ethiopia.
- Photographic nirvana through the eerie landscapes of Madagascar.
- Stay at one of the most expensive hotels in the world: Burj Al Arab, Dubai.
- Go sandboarding in Sharjah, UAE.
- Overland trip from Dubai, across historic cities in Iran, through Silk Road!
- Silk Road overland: Ashgabat, Turkmenistan to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Be one step away from the Door to Hell in Darvaza, Turkmenistan.
- Spend the night in a yurt by the mountains of Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- See the bright sights of Rajasthan + relax in a houseboat in Kerala, India.
- Get a cameo in Bollywood film in Bombay.
- Experience the Kingdom of Bhutan’s Gross National Happiness vs. GDP!
- Take a ride on a traditional Chinese Junk in Hong Kong + Macau day trip!
- Take part of an intriguing indigenous ritual in Papua New Guinea.
- Hop on a liveaboard to scuba dive sites along PNG & Great Barrier Reef.
- Experience g-force aboard an aerobatics flight in Sydney, Australia.
- Bathe in gorgeous beaches and visit a glacier in one trip to New Zealand.
- Swim with sharks + stay at overwater bungalow in Bora Bora.
- Mingle with unique wildlife in the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador.
- Paraglide over Christ the Redeemer & Copacabana in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Spectacular dunes & waters at Dos Lençóis Maranhenses Park, Brazil.
Finish in Puerto Rico so I can show you the cheeriest Christmas in the world! 😀
RTW itinerary A: the conundrum
I’m still debating whether to include that many cities of Eastern Europe on my final RTW itinerary. It is such a (relatively) easy continent to visit from Puerto Rico! But contest rules state that the winner must include at least 2 destinations from each continent + 25 destinations from their network…
That being said, many cities I plan to visit in Europe are part of My Destination’s network. Concurrently, many of the off-the-beaten-path places on my biggest baddest bucket list are not part of said network! 🙁 So I must compromise: shorten my European itinerary, while adding other “easy” destinations from Southeast Asia such as Thailand
shorten some of my time in Asia, which would mean shaving off a week from India or my epic Silk Road itinerary through the ‘Stans…eek!
Of course, it would all depend on the My Destination team (haha, I’m already writing as if I won…). But if I have a say on the matter, I will probably be shortening my European itinerary, choosing to visit the French Riviera/Monaco and Moscow only (connecting in London). Eastern Europe and the Greek islands can wait, no?
And so, this is why RTW itinerary B comes to play 😀 Yet, you will have to wait until next week to get the full scoop 😉 Let’s hope that by then, I will also have a VERY exciting announcement to make!